Why can't all my friends afford an IPhone like me?

Sherily · 8340

Offline Sherily

• Altair 8800
on: September 02, 2011, 10:25:28 am
Why can't all my friends afford an IPhone like me?
They all go to Android, and that's cool but I hate it when they try to talk as if it's the best phone on the Market. the iPhone may not have a huge exaggerated screen, but who cares.. If that was the case, I'll just buy an iPad. Lol. what can I do, to help them.

Offline spacefractal

• RBP Team Member
  • Blue Gene Super Computer
Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 11:01:13 am
I guess its due region and they dont want to been restricted by the rules Apple (and its politic) have set (sometimes they are really harsly by time). Here android is much easier and also cheaper than iOS.

iPhone 4 do have excellent screen (one of the best I have seen).

Personally I started on a new game, which I suit it to both android (v2.2+) and iOS (3.1.3+).

The Musician for the RetroBytes Portal Projects.

Offline Sokurah

• RBP Member
  • Cray-1 Super Computer
    • Tardis Remakes
Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 12:22:49 pm
That first post is either a spambot or the worst first post ever.

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 12:23:47 pm
And perhaps the second post as well.. Lol.

(sorry sf)

Coding for the love of it!

Offline spacefractal

• RBP Team Member
Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 12:40:53 pm
hehe. its did not look like a spam bot (I was on the phone).

A lots of friends from do have a Android too. One of them at work does simply not like Apple due Apple's politic (and also would want to support us if he could). They more want Open Source system. My graphican is on Android to (its a Sony Xperia Play). That why Android actually came first this time to been works first.

"Strange", also most of my family have most weight on iOS (either iPod Touch or iPhone, but iPod is still iOS, so that count of course, hehe).

This is pretty property why I want to see Jungool to been released to that market too (some ask me to see that game to been released on that platform), around half of the development, property Android 2.2 required and up as best guest (same as glbasic).......
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 12:51:12 pm by spacefractal »

The Musician for the RetroBytes Portal Projects.

Offline sverx

• RBP Member
  • IBM PC
  • "Ow!!! What's that ?!?!"
    • My NDS folder
Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 02:36:27 pm
Oh finally an interesting discussion on this forum ;) :P

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 10:41:36 pm
LOL

Offline Zzaped!

• Atari 800XL
Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 01:20:35 pm
LOL at retarded fanboy/girl suckery. My decision to avoid Apple iProducts like the plague in recent years is based on pure reason. Last time I considered one was an eMac in perfect order at a very nice price (about 50 quid). Wanted to buy it, but living space is cramped in these parts, so held off.

Can well see why the team decided to develop for the platform, only thing that got me to half consider buying a pod-person machine (might well go for a second-hand touch just to play Jungool in the end). The whole campaign from pod to phone is sickening, I don't want to buy a product where the initial promotion worked by getting a bunch of people in silhouette dancing in a way that suggests they were going to the toilet at the same time, and on the avid stupidity of Internet stars-in-their-own-minds wanting products they buy to give them a sense of personal validation at Starfucks and from the media.

Anyway, the palm pre in its latest iteration (from HP, the one where Leo whatshisname outdoes Carol Bartz and Carly Fiorina for absolute managerial incompetence, proving that it doesn't always take a woman, not that Howard Stringer hasn't already done that in spades) is a vastly superior design. The only weak point appears to be a lack of fart apps. :)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 01:21:59 pm by Zzaped! »

Offline Zzaped!

• Atari 800XL
Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 01:26:13 pm
... and some Android phones having (:o) an actual keyboard, on some models in Japan the keyboards are arranged so that you can actually type on them (OMG, back to the future).

Offline Adultery

• ZX80
Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 01:40:40 am
Forget apple and their monopoly. Come over to the 'droid side guys... I'd love to support Jungool. ;)

Whatever SF has in the pipeline will be worth the price of admission I'm sure! Looking forward to it!

Offline headkaze

• Administrator
Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 01:46:06 am
Hey welcome to the forum Adultery!

Offline Adultery

• ZX80
Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 12:15:01 pm
Shhh Headkaze! You'll blow my cover! :D

Thanks! Nice place you guys got here. Lots of devs in one place... Makes me kinda nervous!

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 01:04:55 pm
Lol.

Nice to see ya mate - how's married life? Does your wife know you have been to this seedy den?  :)

Offline Adultery

• ZX80
Reply #13 on: September 16, 2011, 01:38:39 pm
Well, as you mentioned we're married now, so since the sex part is over I have to go get my kicks somewhere else! LOL

Trust me Flash. I've been to much lower places than this one!  8)