Warhawk DS (HK & Flash's DS Diary)

flash · 259213

Offline flash

• Administrator
  • Blue Gene Super Computer
Reply #390 on: July 01, 2009, 10:32:23 pm
Crysis on the iPhone... :)

I do think that the iPhone has a lot of untapped potential though, there are tons of games and 80% have control problems because they have tried to convert an existing game to the format. There are no buttons!!! One game that really shines on the iPhone is Shift. Sadly i completed it.. but what a fantastic game.... the left of the screen was left move, rigt was right... and when you were moving the oposite direction became jump.. what a fantastic system... would also work perfect for manic miner...

I look forward to iPhone coding.. hopefully... Just need to learn (cover your ears) C++
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 10:50:09 pm by Flash »

Coding for the love of it!

Offline Lobo

• RBP Team Member
    • Spitoufs
Reply #391 on: July 01, 2009, 10:34:50 pm
Not 'real' crysis, quake 4 more likely. Go learn that C++ already, you have until Tuesday.

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #392 on: July 01, 2009, 10:35:44 pm
LOL (seriously)

Offline Lobo

• RBP Team Member
    • Spitoufs
Reply #393 on: July 01, 2009, 10:41:30 pm
No red meat for you until you do so! Don't make me buy you one of those 'C++ for Dummies' books.
Oh, I agree at putting at least briefly the THE THE BOsS in the video, hehe, most players will break down and cry before they live to see that.  :P

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #394 on: July 01, 2009, 10:48:53 pm
oh, cause for another

LOL (seriously)

Offline spacefractal

• RBP Team Member
Reply #395 on: July 02, 2009, 06:04:30 am
I never played crysis. You need to have a target who the costumers is. I have Nokia 5800 and I like it really much and it still have an nice games on it, and have no need a IPhone, due it was to pricy for me in each month(personal option). Permest  IPhone might been much better technical about 3d (due it have a 3d chipset), but none of the next 2 projects require it which I guess is not 3d required. But it depend of design.

... and Nintendo DS is still nicely portable and a very good platform and might just still kept on that...

« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 06:34:04 am by spacefractal »

The Musician for the RetroBytes Portal Projects.

Offline Lobo

• RBP Team Member
    • Spitoufs
Reply #396 on: July 02, 2009, 06:18:31 pm
Not crysis as a must but difference between relatively simple and relatively complex game in terms of raw power.
It's probably fun to write a game or two for cellphones (or it was) and see how it goes but does really anyone plays games on cellphones these days? I haven't seen a case in years, at least around here, Europe might be different.

Also, both these games can work on any platform if you want to adopt it to its own control set. Goes for Manic Miner as much as it goes for Detective. Actually, I think I would rather play both of them on iPhone than any cellphone out there which would probably be a chore for my eyes and hitting redial keys and whatnot. You don't need a 3d game in order to use the raw power of iphone neither but its really nice to have some extra juice for a long run ;).

Edit: Wait, why did I say Manic Miner, anyone here remaking it?  :D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 06:26:49 pm by Lobo »

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #397 on: July 03, 2009, 04:58:37 pm
Thanks SF for noticing this and correcting the flow of the topic :)

http://www.remix64.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6847&p=79627

Not sure how i missed it?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 04:59:24 pm by Flash »

Offline spacefractal

• RBP Team Member
Reply #398 on: July 03, 2009, 07:22:55 pm
hehe, I ment I have sent you the link when we chatted :)

I have been there for a will have released some tunes in the forum as well remix64.com.

Offline Lobo

• RBP Team Member
    • Spitoufs
Reply #399 on: July 03, 2009, 08:55:14 pm
So....is it out yet?  :D

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #400 on: July 03, 2009, 09:00:02 pm
did we not say "December"?

I am all confused!!!

LOL

Offline Lobo

• RBP Team Member
    • Spitoufs
Reply #401 on: July 04, 2009, 01:38:42 am
December suits me fine, I got the latest beta anyway so I can mess with mental mode.  :-\

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #402 on: July 04, 2009, 10:03:30 am
December suits me fine, I got the latest beta anyway so I can mess with mental mode.  :-\

Nah,,, too cold

Still hoping for a Sunday (night?) release,

:)

Offline Lobo

• RBP Team Member
    • Spitoufs
Reply #403 on: July 04, 2009, 07:44:11 pm
Saturday Night feverish release? Heh, anyhoo, been playing last night for a few hours straight, finished it (all 32) and got a beautiful score there. Didn't have a single issue performance/audio/visual vise, especially not audio cause I let it play until the end while taking a cig break  here and there  8).
Quite great, mental mode is even better.

Offline spacefractal

• RBP Team Member
Reply #404 on: July 04, 2009, 09:43:47 pm
Just make sure to hide the cheats, like unlimited, level skip before the officiel release :), elsewice it would been too easy.

Then I heard more about the next project after a break..... I like the youtube trailer you send me with the way you used the music. You should not need to ask, because the music is really yours and its your game :-D (you credited me).

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #405 on: July 04, 2009, 10:53:06 pm
SF - The music is and always be yours mate, you have just given us permission to use it! The same goes for all Lobo's work!

I have done a new vid, it is public now! I liked Lobos new logo for Warhawk on the cover mockup that we decided to add it to the title screen, so, i needed to mod the vid also to reflect this...

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #406 on: July 04, 2009, 11:26:15 pm
I'm really starting to see how difficult it would be to code a full game in arm asm! Anyway I'm enjoying the challenge.:)

LOL - And it was and has been!!! :)

(December the 22nd - god!! LOL)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 11:27:06 pm by Flash »

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #407 on: July 04, 2009, 11:28:11 pm
Saturday Night feverish release? Heh, anyhoo, been playing last night for a few hours straight, finished it (all 32) and got a beautiful score there. Didn't have a single issue performance/audio/visual vise, especially not audio cause I let it play until the end while taking a cig break  here and there  8).
Quite great, mental mode is even better.

So, it is not too hard???

What about the big boss on level 32? is that ok??

Offline Lobo

• RBP Team Member
    • Spitoufs
Reply #408 on: July 05, 2009, 12:10:52 am
Level32 one seems easier than the level16 one (btw, didn't know you used both ships, cool). First, both level16/32 small bosses are really...easy (which is cool) but with end bosses I've found it easy once I've figured where to shoot actually cause not all parts are obviously receiving damage (corners/wings, I guess).
All in all, I did die quite a lot before defeating them, usually with bosses having like 1.5% of energy left  :'(.
Needles to say that always screws up my score even though I'm now somewhere about 770....blablaba millions!  :-*

The summary- Hate the meteors, hate my wrong tactics about pickin' powerup (right one is - don't move, they come to you!), hate those ships that avalanche on you with that pew-pew sound. It's just a personal thing cause everything else rocks!

OH and plimsoll avengers are the best enemies ever! Shoo!
final verdict-17/10, rated L by Lobo.

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #409 on: July 05, 2009, 12:14:53 am
LOL - Sweet!!

Yeah - the plimsolls are cool!!

The "failling aliens" are at the very least something different and not too hard when you know what they will do? I like then in mental moda as you can maka a waterfall out of them :)

so, $1,000,000 qustion - is it ready for release???

DA DA DAAAaaaa!!!

;)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 12:15:30 am by Flash »

Offline Lobo

• RBP Team Member
    • Spitoufs
Reply #410 on: July 05, 2009, 12:28:37 am
I know what they're gonna do and it's terrible (what they do), seems like their avalanche gets triggered also if you shoot at them, ggrrrr...

For the release, don't forget, for the stars to align proper and you don't get ass zapped by the unholy manifestation of LaVey, you need to do the upload during the witching hour (after midnight will do). Also, you need to spit 13 times in 8 directions while having pants over your head chanting

'minimus...warhawkds...handheldius...dsnintenduous...releasenemysollesus...uploadus...
lobopresidentus...bestscoruseverus...'

Only then the upload WON'T FAIL!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 12:29:11 am by Lobo »

Offline headkaze

• Administrator
Reply #411 on: July 05, 2009, 07:15:54 am
I like the falling aliens too how they cascade down when you shoot them going "weeeeee". The best way to deal with them is to move sideways as you shoot them and they come flying down in a big wave. Something about shooting them is very satisfying!

Not sure what a "plimsoll" is? Hmmm  ???

Release will be done tonight some time. We have a couple of last minute ideas were implementing  ;)

Offline spacefractal

• RBP Team Member
Reply #412 on: July 05, 2009, 07:46:21 am
just missing trailer as tags in the you tube video.

For some reason there is just a very little encoding error in the music around 1:16 in the trailer? Not big or annoying. I didden't hear that in the first version.

Congra for the soon released game, I also think it ready for release now with all level skips or such removed (or can been enabled by a cheat).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 07:46:49 am by spacefractal »

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #413 on: July 05, 2009, 06:02:10 pm
Well....

Everything is ready for release....

I have put the final release package together and will not do anything until HK is awake so he can have one more final check!!

The game will not be released at this site as we have decided that HK's site is a much better place for the official site and to keep this as a forum for support etc.

So, should not be too long now :)

Offline spacefractal

• RBP Team Member
Reply #414 on: July 05, 2009, 06:50:39 pm
Why not on both sites or have it own domain (if it really needed)? So I can not see a problem to release it on both sites :-D, I do understand.

Howover its up to you.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 06:56:04 pm by spacefractal »

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #415 on: July 05, 2009, 09:13:29 pm
Found a slight problem that will delay the release until perhaps a day or 2 hopefully!!

We have added some stuff and are now right on the boundries of ram usage that may cause problems with some cards!! :(

Offline spacefractal

• RBP Team Member
Reply #416 on: July 05, 2009, 09:38:37 pm
I think the description on youtube should been changed soon to been released, because it think the game IS released. I think 10 July or such is very final  release day for the game?

About the ram issue, if the backup card use ram as well cause the problem, I think then it might even cause problems with some commerciel games as well?

I think its a good idea to write which cards that with succes have been played with the game on the haedkaze homepage and start a compatible thread..... So the user is aware about it.

Offline Lobo

• RBP Team Member
    • Spitoufs
Reply #417 on: July 05, 2009, 10:03:12 pm
Ya, sounds good, I've thought of the same thing when I figured the problems with R4 compared to AK2.
Needles to say, R4 won't run where AK2 does on the same card with the 'same settings'. By 'settings' I mean that the card (1gig Kingston) is heavily fragmented (some games or files split to like 60 pieces, usually those 10MB and over) and filled up to the brim (maybe 20MB left). With the AK2, same thing as above but it works perfectly, no stutter of any kind, audio/visual works as it should, no freeze (read-no problemos).

Offline BaDToaD

• Proterian
  • Dragon 32
Reply #418 on: July 06, 2009, 01:52:09 pm
Copy all the data off the Kingston card, format the card then copy it back on. better than defragging the card, quicker and less harm to card.

Offline BaDToaD

• Proterian
  • Dragon 32
Reply #419 on: July 06, 2009, 01:54:08 pm
BTW Must just say I love the game. Hate the meteors... I still found level 3 hard... but overall it rocks. I also have this left handed problem when playing shoot 'em ups on consoles. Other game types I play right handed... LOL

If there's one thing I regret it was not having more time to put into the project but you guys have done a top job and I take my hat off to Lobo, his work is awesome!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 01:56:07 pm by BaDToaD »