on: January 08, 2010, 10:40:45 am
Well done SF!

Coding for the love of it!

Offline Lobo

• RBP Team Member
  • Blue Gene Super Computer
    • Spitoufs
Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 07:45:40 pm
What the heck! This place breeds talent! That need to stop otherwise you might get your noses high enough to dare asking for a raise!!
 :o

Offline headkaze

• Administrator
Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 08:11:41 am
Great work SF! It's quite a fun game I played it a while back and enjoyed it :)

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 08:27:42 pm
SF, did you ever grab this?

(Perhaps you have the magazine by now?)

Offline spacefractal

• RBP Team Member
Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 08:38:24 pm
I first got my new Visa card last week, so of course I very soon grab it.

I did have some focus to get ready before my winter vaccation trip next Friday (which I would been gone in just over a week) to France.

... But just ordered it now  :), but I might not get it before after my trip.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 08:38:45 pm by spacefractal »

The Musician for the RetroBytes Portal Projects.

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 08:43:07 pm
Ok,

I just wondered if you had missed this post mate..

Offline spacefractal

• RBP Team Member
Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 08:54:33 pm
no of course :-D, it was no reason to post here, meant I commeted it on the other thread. Thanks for comments.

If you or HeadKaze have BlitzMax (the demo version should do that), it would been nice to see a mac version of this as well Cave Heroes games and but that on my homepage. I did not use any Windows functions (and when I done, I do have created altertive for none Windows).

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 08:57:46 pm
I have never really looked at BlitzMax,

C is enough for me! LOL

Offline Sokurah

• RBP Member
  • Cray-1 Super Computer
    • Tardis Remakes
Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 10:24:21 pm
If you or HeadKaze have BlitzMax (the demo version should do that), it would been nice to see a mac version of this as well Cave Heroes games and but that on my homepage. I did not use any Windows functions (and when I done, I do have created altertive for none Windows).

Well, you can't use the demo version to compile SeeSaw Circus because you're using MaxGUI and that's not part of the demo version (afaik).
I can try to install MaxGUI on my Hackintosh and see if I can compile it for you.
...it would be ironic if the first Mac version I compiled wasn't my own game. :)

Offline spacefractal

• RBP Team Member
Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 10:36:47 pm
hihi. This is propenty do you have seen my source code (which have been included in both games, due these was created by fun).

I dont mind I used MaxGUI, but the major problem is the sound code, and have not coded so it can been compiled to other OS. It should been a easy fix because the sound code was used in its own bmx file and simply do a alternative sound code using blitzmax internal sound code (which works fine on Linux without these darn issues we know).

Cave Heroes howover have been compiled to Linux and I also not mean I used MaxGUI either (I have commented Import MaxGUI.Drivers out, so it dont use it), but again I use FMOD for the Windows version, but here its aware of it for other OS.

Why not convert your own games to Mac and/or Linux?

Offline Sokurah

• RBP Member
  • Cray-1 Super Computer
    • Tardis Remakes
Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 10:49:52 pm
Why not convert your own games to Mac and/or Linux?

...err...I want to, but there's just so many things that keep distracting me.

Actually, I've successfully compiled my latest 5-6 games on OSX - just for fun....even Psycho Pigs (yes Flash, someone mentioned pigs ;)) but I get some graphical errors in Omega Race which I don't know the cause of - could it something in my code or is it because it's not running on real Apple hardware?...dunno.  :-[

I would also lose the online highscores because the system I'm using uses a DLL and I don't know how to do it so it'll run on a Mac (so I've stripped it out in my test-compiles).
I also don't know how to give the Mac "exe" file an icon. Small things, but it's just more fun to work on new things.

Offline spacefractal

• RBP Team Member
Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 11:28:30 pm
dll dont run on other systems than Windwos. On Linux they use so, but not sure how they used on Mac. Thay why I trying to design my thing so it dont rely on Windows other than the sound (which is easy to do a workaround, if you are areware of it, but diddent do that on the circus game).

PS. if you want to use more features of FMOD if needed, let me know.... FMOD mod you got from me should compile on Linux (which using SO files as shared components) as well Mac (not sure what it using here).