My 4th game: Catch Out

spacefractal · 7812

Offline spacefractal

• RBP Team Member
  • Blue Gene Super Computer
on: November 29, 2014, 11:48:04 am
This is my 4th glbasic game, this time its a more or less a smaller project than the previous 3 game:

Catch Out

Screenshots:

This game is some sort of a "Breakout" clone, using Fairchild Channel F resolution (hence its lowres chuncy game). But instead you control the bat, you can move all bricks (except those solid once). Also one the same color bricks can been destroyed by the same color ball. There is a timer on the game, so you can get a "miss", if you are too slow to destroy a brick.

Im hope could release the game allready this year since most of the game is done and have done various tweeks. Only missing Fairchild/Atari 2600 style coverart as well a icon, some sound (done recently) and eventuelly more levels and eventuelly polish tweeks.

Im dont plans to release this as a commercial game, but as a free game. This game was made for fun. So except im do more platforms than iOS/Android.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 11:50:04 am by spacefractal »

The Musician for the RetroBytes Portal Projects.

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 06:48:29 pm
Looks really good SF.

on the second picture, shouldn't it be 'push bricks by sliding them' ?

Coding for the love of it!

Offline spacefractal

• RBP Team Member
Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 04:15:34 pm
Fixed. It's seen the slow balls is better for smaller screens, while faster balls is better on bigger screens. So it's a conflict here, but of course I'm do wanted to add that as a option.

Game is gonna to been nice. Today I'm came to thinks it's could been a fun game to commodore 16, rather than Commodore 64 as well spectrum 16kb.... Here the slow balls is all the way.

Offline spacefractal

• RBP Team Member
Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 02:02:52 pm
Catchout is today finished and trying to upload, but sadly this game will also been my last iOS game:

My next game is a Space Taxi remake, and will property been Ouya and Windows Exclusive.

PS. The game would been soon out to Android, Windows, MacOSx, Ouya as well the lesser known Pandora.

PPS. Of course, hell of signing issues, EVEN im uses the default values. So canot get the crappy iCloud to work at all.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 02:26:51 pm by spacefractal »

Offline headkaze

• Administrator
Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 02:28:32 pm
sadly this game will also been my last iOS game

Is that because of the 64-bit issue?

I had to re-write the video rendering code for Windoze Solitaire OSX to make it conform to the 64-bit requirement. It's coming along rather well.

Also had a play with the new WatchKit API and wrote a little 'snake' game for it. Capabilities for games seems rather limited.