Top c64 game music....

Grapple · 15799

Offline Grapple

• Dragon 32
on: December 07, 2008, 08:48:59 pm
Any one got a suggestion? i know that a few of these games were my favourites back then (used the music in demoparts and intros)

The Sacred Armour of Antiriad
Traz
Supremacy
Crazy Comets
Myth
Gianna Sisters

i know there is a lot more good tunes out there... just let me know your favourite that you can remember....

Once you cut people open you realise we are pretty much the same.....

Offline flash

• Administrator
  • Blue Gene Super Computer
Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 08:55:30 pm
I would have to say Warhawk for obvious reasons.

Ben Daglish was a fave of mine I (and Badtoad ;) and a couple of others) spent some time on Orange Street at Alligator Software with both Ben and Tony (Rat) Crowther. So, Seeing the system he used to do his music and the nostalgia around that time in my life :- Arc Pandora reigns as one of my FAVE sid tunes (and the couple of mp3 remixes are fantastic also).

Bounces was also a tune that I really liked (the sombre sids were more appealing to me, and harder to achive)

Pachabels Cannon was also a great tune that was on a c64 demo RIGHT in the early days. It was a demo disk with around 6-8 tunes. Fantastic stuff for such an early music demo.

Coding for the love of it!

Offline headkaze

• Administrator
Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 06:19:40 am
The Last Ninja games had great music. But yeah probably heaps more I can't remember!

Retrokid_XL

Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 06:57:55 pm
Damn, now you're asking.

I always liked the Hubbard mega-tunes.. knucklebusters and delta (in-game).

Wizball is a nice spacey ditto (works really well after a few bottles of ale) and I've always liked Mikie (although I have no idea why..)

Crazy Comets, Ghosts'n'Goblins, and Warhawk (obviously) also deserve to be in the hall of fame.

Ahh, they don't make 'em like that anymore. :)

XL.

Offline Grapple

• Dragon 32
Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 11:55:41 am
Hehe Yeah the Mikey Tune got to me to.. somehow..

Once you cut people open you realise we are pretty much the same.....

Offline IMBerzerk

• Altair 8800
Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 07:38:56 pm
Any one got a suggestion? i know that a few of these games were my favourites back then (used the music in demoparts and intros)

The Sacred Armour of Antiriad
Traz
Supremacy
Crazy Comets
Myth
Gianna Sisters

i know there is a lot more good tunes out there... just let me know your favourite that you can remember....

I liked Forbidden Forrest, Aztec Challenge and Zeppelin (no, not the one with Page ;) ).  I still hummm FF now and then, especially when there is about to be a 'tickle fest' on my 8 yr old daughter.  It works great!

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #6 on: December 30, 2008, 08:13:57 pm
You really are BERZERK!!

Tickle-fest! I ask ya! Deary me

:D

Offline techno_wiz_oz

• ZX80
Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 03:52:47 am
My favourite tune of all time on the C64 is actually hidden in the game and you never hear it! It was the loading music for Dominator demo tape. 2 separate tunes (3,4 on the SID)

After that I think for me it's Sanxion Loader, R.I.S.K., IO, Alien Syndrome and Forbidden Forrest :)

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #8 on: January 14, 2009, 07:20:00 am
I must admit that IO was one of my fave tunes, I had totally forgotten about that one!

Offline techno_wiz_oz

• ZX80
Reply #9 on: January 14, 2009, 04:19:03 pm
David Whittaker did some awesome tunes too, I thought he was just as good as Rob Hubbard.

How could I forget Panther!! There is a couple of remixes on RKO that are really excellent :)