RetroGamer Magazine

headkaze · 15018

Offline headkaze

• Administrator
  • Blue Gene Super Computer
on: December 24, 2008, 11:09:27 pm
Just got my first issue of this magazine and it has a really cool section about Game & Watch games as well as a price guide to all the best retro gear to collect. I urge you to buy this magazine I can't believe I've never bought it before and I'm also going to start looking for back issues :)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 11:22:23 pm by headkaze »

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #1 on: December 25, 2008, 12:15:41 am
I have been buying it since issue one!! and yes, it is a fantastic read.

The buyers guide is a waste of time though as it never follows trends. I think it shows an Astrocade at £20 there abouts. They are nearly always £100+. Pippins at £500, but on ebay (what they say it is based on) are around £200

I was in an earlier edition of Retrogamer on a 2 page spread :) All about the horace game.

As HK says - this a brilliant mag and a 'one of a kind', worthy of investment!

Coding for the love of it!

Offline headkaze

• Administrator
Reply #2 on: December 25, 2008, 02:00:12 am
I did notice that the price guide seems to be way off from the prices I'm seeing around the place.

Offline Grapple

• Dragon 32
Reply #3 on: December 25, 2008, 09:20:19 am
Hmm, wonder if I can get it somewhere here in sweden.... I guess one of those big Magazineshops might have it...

Once you cut people open you realise we are pretty much the same.....

Offline headkaze

• Administrator
Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 01:56:56 am
Hey Flash I also noticed a nice article on Ant Attack and it even shows a screenshot of some graph paper where he designed the sprites :)

I also noticed they have cartoons of all the writers just like they did back in the Crash days. They should have those little cartoons around the edges of the pages like they did too.

I'm gonna have to subscribe to this mag!

Offline techno_wiz_oz

• ZX80
Reply #5 on: January 14, 2009, 04:21:54 pm
Graph paper and sprites...that brings back some memories haha. I think I was 8 when I learned binary so I could do my own sprites on the C64...god that basic was terrible but it sure taught you how the machine worked.

Which issue was the 2 page spread you were in Flash? I'll see if I still have it. I don't see it for sale around here anymore though :(

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #6 on: January 14, 2009, 04:25:41 pm
i think it was 42 or 43, off the top of me nuggin!

I have got it somewhere and could scan it!

Coding for the love of it!