Warhawk DS (HK & Flash's DS Diary)

flash · 259207

Offline spacefractal

• RBP Team Member
  • Blue Gene Super Computer
Reply #420 on: July 06, 2009, 04:57:57 pm
Very minor "issue" found: Should it been possible to start the game while on the startup copyright screens? Was this intnended, I think I have not have problems with these screens, because they are not stay to long (elsewice I diddent think over that).

Level 3 is a little bit hard level, buts its a fine level which its fully completable when first found out the attactwaves. For me I dosent have any problems with meterors storms in fact you can stop the stones a bit by shooting them, but only have few problems with later attact waves.

The Musician for the RetroBytes Portal Projects.

Offline Lobo

• RBP Team Member
    • Spitoufs
Reply #421 on: July 06, 2009, 07:32:54 pm
Copy all the data off the Kingston card, format the card then copy it back on. better than defragging the card, quicker and less harm to card.

Yep, I used to cut/paste on and off the card, unfortunately fragmentation still happens with large files. It wasn't the issue though cause I used to play anyway until all of the sudden some games started freezing or not starting at all (including warhawk). I switched to AK2 without doing anything frag-wise and it works without problems, go figure, might be a time to retire the card completely :/.
Thanx for the compliments, the best part is that it works, especially transition from 'old' levels to 'new' ones, I wasn't sure at first that it would work at all (pheew).

EDIT: Forgot this-PLIMSOLL AVENGERS!!

:D
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 07:38:30 pm by Lobo »

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #422 on: July 11, 2009, 11:01:27 am
Gotta love the Plimsole Armada!!  :D

(and all your wonderful graphical work mate!!!)

Coding for the love of it!

Offline Lobo

• RBP Team Member
    • Spitoufs
Reply #423 on: July 11, 2009, 04:16:25 pm
Hehe, the best part about them is that they're completely harmless, just stand in the corner while they shoo away.  :D

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #424 on: July 18, 2009, 11:50:54 pm
LOL...

I did get hit by one, left a nasty mark...

Offline tspeirs

• Altair 8800
Reply #425 on: July 19, 2009, 03:10:10 pm
Just wanted to say congrats to all involved in the project.

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #426 on: July 19, 2009, 06:00:38 pm
Thanks Tom,

Hope the holiday was ok?

Offline headkaze

• Administrator
Reply #427 on: October 01, 2009, 02:38:05 pm
I just want to congratulate the Warhawk DS team on making it into the Top 10 R4 DS Homebrew competition 8)

We have won $25 which I'm not entirely sure what to do with but I do remember SF saying he was looking to buy an R4 card so perhaps I could ask if we could make it an R4 for SF instead? I hope he hasn't already ordered one.

Anyway it's great to see all our hard work being recognised and again I think it's a testimate to the great team we have going here and I hope we can work more together in the future. Also we need to finish a questionaire by Sunday so I'm going to send the questions to Flash.

SF please let me know ASAP if you want me to ask for an R4 card instead of the prize money.

Offline spacefractal

• RBP Team Member
Reply #428 on: October 01, 2009, 03:00:37 pm
Congratulations :-D.

Actuelly I do have ordered a AceKard II (Flash said its awesome and I really like the GUI as well seen on youtube) for some days ago from the pcjerry Link Flash asked me and have been sent I guess (since they have "taken" the 359dkr (around 70$) from my bank account which also include a 8gb microsd card.

If I known about it I could have wait, but that it. I could still have a R4 for a alternative as well. I think its 100% up to you.

I do still need to register GoldWave..... The demo would work in some weeks I guess (I used that before, but its good to work when bulk convert samples example). But I DO register it sooner or later.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 03:06:28 pm by spacefractal »

Offline sverx

• RBP Member
  • IBM PC
  • "Ow!!! What's that ?!?!"
    • My NDS folder
Reply #429 on: October 01, 2009, 03:30:54 pm
I just want to congratulate the Warhawk DS team on making it into the Top 10 R4 DS Homebrew competition 8)

Where are the results? I can't find them!  ???

Btw congratulations, really. There are really few homebrew games of WarHawkDS quality level around. Still ;)

Offline headkaze

• Administrator
Reply #430 on: October 01, 2009, 05:32:17 pm
The results haven't been posted yet because he wants the authors to answer a questionaire which will be posted on the site along with screenshots, download details etc. I don't know what exact position we came either.

Offline Lobo

• RBP Team Member
    • Spitoufs
Reply #431 on: October 01, 2009, 08:27:48 pm
Congratulations. That would probably mean not in the first three, right? Ah well, no love lost as usual.

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #432 on: October 01, 2009, 09:22:03 pm
Ah, but in the first 10....

that is nearly 3? isn't it?

Offline Lobo

• RBP Team Member
    • Spitoufs
Reply #433 on: October 01, 2009, 09:25:48 pm
Nearly.  8)

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #434 on: October 01, 2009, 10:58:20 pm
Well.. That is close enough for me!!  8)

Offline Lobo

• RBP Team Member
    • Spitoufs
Reply #435 on: October 02, 2009, 12:42:50 am
Well..it could be fourth, that's even closer.  ;D

Offline Sokurah

• RBP Member
  • Cray-1 Super Computer
    • Tardis Remakes
Reply #436 on: October 02, 2009, 01:22:45 pm
Congratulations. It really IS an impressive piece of work and it's fully deserved.
Still, it'll be really interresting to see what final position you earn.

Offline Hydeux

• ZX81
    • Best shmup related French speaking site ever !!!
Reply #437 on: October 03, 2009, 06:50:53 am
Congrats !

Offline spacefractal

• RBP Team Member
Reply #438 on: October 03, 2009, 12:41:56 pm
Its was nicely to think about me as first :-D, even I allready have orded my card (thanks HeadKaze anyway).

Offline headkaze

• Administrator
Reply #439 on: October 03, 2009, 11:44:55 pm
I've asked for an R4 instead of a cash prize now anyway. Not sure what I'll do with it yet but if noone else needs it I might give it to someone for XMas with our 3 games on it.

I am also in discussion with Flash at possibly adding some advertisements to the start of our next two games (3 seconds approx) in exchange for some free gear. If that goes ahead we are hoping to each be able to pick something from their store. This is still in idea stage so nothing is set in concrete but I would like to hear feedback on the idea. I've done this sort of thing before with "NeoFlash" so perhaps I could contact them again and maybe a store like Bamboo Gaming (they seem like a friendly bunch).

Anyway I updated Warhawk the other day to include the new intro graphics made for MMLL. And it also includes the Space Fractal logo now so you might want to download this one for your flash card.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 11:48:14 pm by headkaze »

Offline Lobo

• RBP Team Member
    • Spitoufs
Reply #440 on: October 04, 2009, 12:11:06 am
Seems like we all got cards here, R4 or other stuff so dunno really, do what you want with it.
The sponsoring sounds Ok, wish this was the actual way of doing things some 2-3 years ago instead of organizing compos. Actually, Neo used to do this (maybe still does, not so sure) by sending stuff for testing to some folks, kinda sponsoring them in that way besides the compos which is another story. However, if you do that, make sure that sponsor is someone who is decent enough to put in front of the game. I wouldn't really know who that might be as I'm not following stuff related to cards/manufacturers/dealers anymore.

Offline headkaze

• Administrator
Reply #441 on: October 04, 2009, 12:26:56 am
NeoFlash are still well respected by the homebrew scene and have always been great supporters. I have got some free gear in the past in exchange for small ads and I think it's a great idea. They do have some decent products too but I was thinking of contacting a retailer instead so we have a bit of range to choose from. I totally agree it has to be a reputable company and I won't bother going ahead with anything unless it's worth it for all of us. Anyway I think I might get a bunch of different places and contact them and see what we can come up with.

Offline spacefractal

• RBP Team Member
Reply #442 on: October 04, 2009, 07:02:22 am
I would been neat if this game came as DSiWare so these who not have a backup card and do want to bying the game to support us. But how its costs with the officiel SDK or such, I donny. Its also donny how much a game can been use in size?

Bear in mind most time for music is actuelly used in the Manic Miner Game.....

I still not got mine, but should arrive in the next week (its take some time from UK -> DK).

Offline headkaze

• Administrator
Reply #443 on: October 04, 2009, 08:23:44 pm
Okay Adam got back to me and he says he can't give us an R4 because they're not a retailer anyway. It looks like he's sent the money already to my PayPal account (which is a bit strange because I never gave it to him!). I will probably end up purchasing a new DSi compatible card.

I've updated the Warhawk pages to display our new awards here. Also on the R4 site they are showing the 10-20 places so we're still not up there and still don't know what actual place we came lol Anyway keep an eye out at http://www.r4revolutionds.co.uk/

I would been neat if this game came as DSiWare so these who not have a backup card and do want to bying the game to support us. But how its costs with the officiel SDK or such, I donny. Its also donny how much a game can been use in size?

One of the reasons why we want to move to iPhone is because Nintendo do not support Indy developers like Apple do. I think Nintendo lose out in the long run because of this.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 08:28:45 pm by headkaze »

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #444 on: October 04, 2009, 08:38:02 pm
Just checked your update out..

Recently Warhawk DS featured as Remake of the Month in the prestigious RetroGamer magazine (which I read religiously) which is a great honor for all of us involved.

Mate, you really should not read magazines in church... that's just badness  ::)

Looks really nice with the awards mate, makes me want more........

Offline spacefractal

• RBP Team Member
Reply #445 on: October 04, 2009, 10:00:53 pm
just funny only I and POTT actuelly got credits for the music.. but nice one anyway.

Offline sverx

• RBP Member
  • IBM PC
  • "Ow!!! What's that ?!?!"
    • My NDS folder
Reply #446 on: October 05, 2009, 10:59:12 am
Also on the R4 site they are showing the 10-20 places so we're still not up there and still don't know what actual place we came lol Anyway keep an eye out at http://www.r4revolutionds.co.uk/

Bronze :) Not bad :)

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #447 on: October 05, 2009, 11:47:59 am
It is WONDERFUL to have come third with our first DS game.. Really chuffed!!!

Offline Lobo

• RBP Team Member
    • Spitoufs
Reply #448 on: October 05, 2009, 08:32:00 pm
"Headkaze is going to buy a flying car, and Flash wants to build an underwater norman castle. "

:D

Congrats, third is excellent indeed!

Offline Lobo

• RBP Team Member
    • Spitoufs
Reply #449 on: October 05, 2009, 09:06:12 pm
Also - "Warhawk II DS have been mooted and also an iPhone version has been mentioned"

What is the status for these games that RBP or Proteus or whatyoucallit did back in the day for Warhawk and Horace?
WH was firebird published but who actually came up with the concepts for both? Have you any clue as to who might be holding the publishing rights for Whawk title or at least a copyright regarding this game/title/concept ? Something tells me noone really. More actually, Horace (Mystic Woods), you did the Psion version but strictly speaking whoever had the rights for that title's publishing probably doesn't hold it anymore?
Might be interesting to see one or the other on iphone if legally things can be sorted out.