New Remake: Star Castle.

Sokurah · 6485

Offline Sokurah

• RBP Member
  • Cray-1 Super Computer
    • Tardis Remakes
on: December 30, 2010, 11:35:36 am
Wheee....  8)

Found time to finish off a WIP, so here's Star Castle - my third (and final ;D) game of 2010.

Click here for the page on my site where the game is.

Or click here (6.46 MB) for a direct download link.

A couple of pictures;

Offline headkaze

• Administrator
  • Blue Gene Super Computer
Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 09:38:55 pm
Looks cool and that's an interesting glow technique you're using there. Looks like you have a particle where each line connects.

Offline Sokurah

• RBP Member
  • Cray-1 Super Computer
    • Tardis Remakes
Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 08:48:50 am
Looks cool and that's an interesting glow technique you're using there. Looks like you have a particle where each line connects.

Thanks. The reason it looks like I have a particle where each line connects is because I basically draw each like separately. Imagine drawing a box with a felt-tip pen, but instead of just turning 90 degrees when you reach the corners I lift the pen and put it down again to draw from the last spot to the next corner. That means that every dot where two lines connects is drawn twice and I get a slightly more bright dot because of the lightblending. I like it - it's very much like how it looked 'back then'. :)

Offline spacefractal

• RBP Team Member
  • Blue Gene Super Computer
Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 03:21:52 pm
Except its hard and pity to avoid the big fast shoot from the ship, when the inner circle break (with no warning), the game is actually pretty good and nice (re?)use of the music. I do guess I just need to get more in the game, since its might have been that in purchase :-D

Sorry I diddent have time to soo short time to create any music, but I do think the choices you did for this game is really nice and workable, even if its have been reused from a another game, its still works nicely for me.

But if you still want me to do something, even its have been released, let me known. But I dont think its actuelly needed at all.

The Musician for the RetroBytes Portal Projects.