I've been a naughty boy! (again)

flash · 19830

Offline headkaze

• Administrator
  • Blue Gene Super Computer
Reply #30 on: March 28, 2010, 07:13:58 pm
Sweeet :) I like your skull collection O_O Ash tray is pretty cool too.. but it looks much better than before as you have so much more room on your desk.

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #31 on: March 28, 2010, 08:31:39 pm
Yep, it is a lot better!

Now, if only this seat was more comfortable!

We have a thing for Dargons and Skulls - they are everywhere!

Coding for the love of it!

Offline Lobo

• RBP Team Member
    • Spitoufs
Reply #32 on: March 28, 2010, 09:52:27 pm
 :) Love your setup matey, especially DVD collection with Ratatatatatoullie thingie in there :) :) :( :) .

Here's a little part of mine, cough, we have skulls somewhere as well.

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #33 on: March 28, 2010, 10:03:00 pm
Nice collection,

Notice Sherlock Holmes in there... I love them so so much!

I did buy and watch all the Basil Rathbone films recently and he is wonderful, though not a great as the ever-mumbling Nigel Bruce - He made the films for me "Silly Owl, keeps saying Who!".

I did just download all the Granada TV series recently and was suprised at what a wonderful job Jeremy Brett did in the role - perhaps even surpassing Basil.

(dont bother with the few Peter Cushin ones)

Also, Night of the Living Dead - :)

Offline Lobo

• RBP Team Member
    • Spitoufs
Reply #34 on: March 28, 2010, 10:08:48 pm
Man, I've watched all the Jeremy ones way back in 80s , HE IS the frickin Holmes if you ask me. I wish they would print the DVD collection of those around here as anything Holmes is really hard to find (except the few Basil ones). Some of these I had to order from Canada cause they were not available locally, bugger!

Offline flash

• Administrator
Reply #35 on: March 28, 2010, 10:17:33 pm
The Basil ones are still wonderful, even though there were only 14 (I believe). I always saw him as the real Sherlock as that was what I first watched as a kid.
Brett is just brilliant though, all his wonderfull manerisms - fantastic.

Now, put (with a time machine) Jeremy Brett and Nigel Bruce together and that would be REAL magic!

Offline Lobo

• RBP Team Member
    • Spitoufs
Reply #36 on: March 28, 2010, 10:26:50 pm
The thing with Bratt is that he just has the posture that was described in the books and even more-drawn in the original illustrations. I had a collection with all the stories put together with original illustrations from way back and the dude is right on spot mimicking Holmes' posture, gestures and the whole lucidity about him.

Funny thing is that I've read that many hated Brett interpretation (including the Madge ex chubby who did a piss poor Holmes recently, just as I was afraid he would ;). Seemingly, none of the folks who watched and compared different shows/movies about Holmes actually read the books beforehand to see just what Brett was aiming for. Basically, they would sorta liked Holmes as some kinda Victorian version of Magnum PI where he would wildly ride the horse carriage, punch everyone in face, drink excessively and moon over ladies of questionable morale ( :) ) while talking smack to Watson.
Silly buggers.

Basil is still good though and +5 for an excellent first and last name.
:P

Offline Sokurah

• RBP Member
  • Cray-1 Super Computer
    • Tardis Remakes
Reply #37 on: March 28, 2010, 10:58:03 pm
Wow, you certainly have a skull motif going there. Next thing you're gonna tell us you worship the devil, right? :)

...I like the lamp - it's possibly the most freasy-ass one I've ever seen.

Offline Lobo

• RBP Team Member
    • Spitoufs
Reply #38 on: March 28, 2010, 11:51:08 pm
Wow, you certainly have a skull motif going there. Next thing you're gonna tell us you worship the devil, right? :)

...I like the lamp - it's possibly the most freasy-ass one I've ever seen.

Him? Devil? Nah. :)
He's definitely trying to make a balance there with Wally and Coraline vs. the Skullz!!
:)